Collection Procedures and Criteria
Indonesian National Gallery is currently continuing its efforts to add to its collection on the basis of a set criteria and procedures : purchases,
donations/gifts, and loans.
- Has representative aspects relating to the history of art in Indonesia in terms of both the past and future trends or directions
- Takes in consideration aesthetic quality, visual elements, and concepts
- Represents a particula phenomenon/trend in a specific period od time.
Specific Criteria for expanding collection through loans :
- Each artwork loaned must pass throuh selection/cosideration od curator
- Loan will be done through appropriate legal procedures and with the required documents
- Once artwork has been placed with Indonesia National Gallery, it becomes the full responsibility of Indonesia National Gallery and will be cared for appropriately in line with existing regulations.
Care and Conservation of the Visual Art Collection
The following procedures are carried out in the effort to preserve, conserve and protect the collection